“Changing strategy is not usually a task that managers face repeatedly. Once companies have found a strategy that works, they want to use it, not change it. Consequently, most management teams do not develop a competence in strategic thinking.” Formulating a strategy is not an everyday activity for your business or unit, and some firms [...]
The majority of my interactions with clients lately have been about organizational change. It is becoming more of an executive level conversation as leaders are realizing the importance of paying attention to the people dynamics and understanding the consequences when they don’t. “Where to start?” is a question I’m commonly asked. A lot of organizations [...]
For over 100 years, technological innovation has been the center of attention around the world: be it through R&D, invention, creation of dedicated private or public structures, nothing has been neglected in fostering it. In contrast, social innovation is a practice at once ancient and very recent in the sense that its value has only [...]
Passion in the corporate atmosphere has been a trending subject lately. I believe the reason behind that is the world has reached a maximum stage of growth that you can achieve with science, knowledge and expertise alone. As a result the global market is in the process of changing skin and management is being reinvented. [...]
On December 16th, 2011 an initiative has started for a “Buy Egyptian Campaign” in effort to support the ailing Egyptian Economy in 2011. There is no doubt that this initiative is derived from good values and high sense of patriotism towards Egypt. The consumer’s market in majority supported the initiative, a minority stated that return [...]
I have been pondering on this question for a while, in an effort to always question the organization’s Vision and whether or not the value we deliver to the market is something tangible to management teams. When I share the difference between purpose and financial results, and how financial results are equivalent to breathing but [...]
Business Model Innovation is becoming a hot topic these days as business leaders increasingly recognize that disruptive innovation requires not only innovative products, but also fundamentally new business models. Companies tend to think in terms of features, not problems. The trick is to try and see your offering through the lens of your customer. Are [...]
The majority of organizations recognize the need to adopt new practices, methodologies, and strategies to adapt to changing local and international markets. Change within your organization is a process, which starts with recognition, evolves into belief, and then matures into initiatives that lead to a diversified set of innovations. Recognition alone is not sufficient to [...]
- Humble Leaders Refuse to Kill April 23, 2012
- We are not intelligent enough for creation April 1, 2012
- If Your Organization Wants to Innovate: Where Does One Start? March 19, 2012
- Managers are not Leaders ? March 26, 2012
- When was the last time you challenged your business Model March 26, 2012
- The relationship that we identify as Merger and Acquisition August 1, 2012
- Strategy: Be Ready for Change July 18, 2012
- Structures can be complicated June 25, 2012
- Organizational change “Where to Start” ? May 28, 2012
- Dysfunctions of many leaders are rooted in a common reality May 20, 2012
- Innovation Excellence | Are you smart enough to innovate?: [...] year, I ran across an nice blog on innovatio...
- Mahmad Attia: I think in Arab countries I am totally agree with ...
- Osama Elhatil: Innovation, Quality and accountability ae the answ...
- Mike Henry Sr.: I couldn't agree much more with your post. I ca...
- Nadene: Great article, you have pinpointed the key issues....
Follow @_Validity on Twitter
Mar 2014 View all »