Tweet“Changing strategy is not usually a task that managers face repeatedly. Once companies have found a strategy that works, they want to use it, not change it. Consequently, most management teams do not develop a competence in strategic thinking.” Formulating a strategy is not an everyday activity for your business or unit, and some firms [...]
TweetOne of the things I enjoy doing is meeting executives from different organizations who freely share their business and leadership challenges with me. As well as help me understand how hard it is to run their organization, they share with me what they have attempted to do to meet a business environment as the one [...]
TweetThe majority of my interactions with clients lately have been about organizational change. It is becoming more of an executive level conversation as leaders are realizing the importance of paying attention to the people dynamics and understanding the consequences when they don’t. “Where to start?” is a question I’m commonly asked. A lot of organizations [...]
TweetThere seems to be a tendency to overlook a lack of character in one’s personal and private life in exchange of a high degree of success in ones professional life. “The dysfunctions of many leaders are rooted in a common reality: Their capacities have been extensively trained while their character has been merely presumed” Author [...]
Tweet Your business model describes the rationale of how your organization creates, delivers and captures value. Some organizations don’t realize that the creation and deliverance of value does not reference profits but references your customers, employees, communities, shareholders, and investors. In value creation profits are the last thing you achieve, that does not mean that [...]
TweetFor over 100 years, technological innovation has been the center of attention around the world: be it through R&D, invention, creation of dedicated private or public structures, nothing has been neglected in fostering it. In contrast, social innovation is a practice at once ancient and very recent in the sense that its value has only [...]
TweetIn our series on the most important characteristics of leaders that should remain constant, through any industry I see that humbleness follows being truthful, and passionate. A Humble Leader is an ambitious leader, but a lot of negative fame has surrounded this type of a leader. The fame pictures a humble leader to lack the [...]
TweetPassion in the corporate atmosphere has been a trending subject lately. I believe the reason behind that is the world has reached a maximum stage of growth that you can achieve with science, knowledge and expertise alone. As a result the global market is in the process of changing skin and management is being reinvented. [...]
TweetOn December 16th, 2011 an initiative has started for a “Buy Egyptian Campaign” in effort to support the ailing Egyptian Economy in 2011. There is no doubt that this initiative is derived from good values and high sense of patriotism towards Egypt. The consumer’s market in majority supported the initiative, a minority stated that return [...]
- Humble Leaders Refuse to Kill April 23, 2012
- If Your Organization Wants to Innovate: Where Does One Start? March 19, 2012
- Managers are not Leaders ? March 26, 2012
- When was the last time you challenged your business Model March 26, 2012
- THE Buy Egyptian Product is a negative initiative April 10, 2012
- The relationship that we identify as Merger and Acquisition August 1, 2012
- Strategy: Be Ready for Change July 18, 2012
- Structures can be complicated June 25, 2012
- Organizational change “Where to Start” ? May 28, 2012
- Dysfunctions of many leaders are rooted in a common reality May 20, 2012
- Mahmad Attia: I think in Arab countries I am totally agree with ...
- Osama Elhatil: Innovation, Quality and accountability ae the answ...
- Mike Henry Sr.: I couldn't agree much more with your post. I ca...
- Nadene: Great article, you have pinpointed the key issues....
- Sylvie: Great post thanksJohn. The key is to go out ahead ...
Follow @_Validity on Twitter
May 2013 View all »